Shop & Chop Raw Foods Cooking Contest
Time & Location
About The Event
Registration is open to the 1st 12 participants. You can compete as a team or on your own. Jr. Contestants are welcome!
1. Competitors are allowed to access the "Farmers'Market" pantry ingredients at any time.
2. Competitors can only use the produce they have "bought" with their "market dollars" during the allotted 15 minutes.
3. Competitors are also allowed to provide 2 items of their own choosing. These ingredients will be approved by organizers and can include things that are grocery ie. crackers or cheese. 4. Upon completion of dish. Competitors must clean their area and stay until judging is completed.
August 15th Competetor Schedule:
1) Arrive at 2:45 pm at the Ag Society Table inside the Farmers' Market for, introductions and an overview.
2) 2:55 pm competitors are taken to market area to window shop.
3) 3:05 pm competitors brainstorm and begin their shop at 3:15 pm with market money provided by the organizers.
4) 3:30 pm market opens, competitors assigned prep stations and allowed to collect their ingredients from pantry. 5) 3:45 pm first group. have 15 minutes to 'cook'
6) 4:00 pm buzzer sounds. Knives down! put dishes away (cooler available if needed) Clean up
7) 4:45 next group goes...repeat
8) Judging at 5:30 pm
9) Prizing given to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Prizes include Market Spending money as well as selcet gifts from vendors and sponsors!
To register or for more information. Contact Sandi: 780-826-1675